We are building this important resource for those involved in a motor vehicle accident and need to bring begin an injury claim. Understanding your rights and options will help you through the process.
There are a number of ‘steps’ that an individual has to take throughout the legal process in order to obtain a judgment against someone that has caused them injuries. If you are injured in a car collision, you will most likely go through many of the following proceedings (although every case is different and many cases can be settled without going through all of these steps). Clink on the links to learn more about each step.
- Litigation Step #1 – Filing a Statement of Claim
- Serving a Statement of Claim
- Work With Insurance Adjuster vs. Statement of Defence
- Preparing & Serving an Affidavit of Records
- Litigation and Questioning (a.k.a. Examination for Discovery)
- Attending Questioning by Defence
- Attendance at a Questioning on Undertaking Responses
- Attend at Independent Medical Examinations and Defence Medical Examinations
- Prepare & Attend Mediation – The Mediator Role in MVA Litigation
- Prepare and Attend Trial in Injury Law Litigation