We are building this important resource for those involved in a motor vehicle accident and need to bring begin an injury claim. Understanding your rights and options will help you through the process.
There are a number of ‘steps’ that an individual has to take throughout the legal process in order to obtain a judgment against someone that has caused them injuries. If you are injured in a car collision, you will most likely go through many of the following proceedings (although every case is different and many cases can be settled without going through all of these steps). Clink on the links to learn more about each step.
1. File a Statement of Claim
2. Serve the Statement of Claim
3. Decide whether to deal with the insurance adjuster or insist on a Statement of Defence
4. Prepare and serve an Affidavit of Records
5. Set a date for Questioning (previously known as Examination for Discovery) and prepare for same
6. Attend at the Questioning
7. Respond to Undertaking Requests from the Questioning
8. Attend at a Questioning on Undertaking Responses
9. Attend at Independent Medical Examinations and Defence Medical Examinations
10. Prepare for and attend at Mediation
11. Prepare for and attend at Trial